Who is OptiBac ‘For Your Baby’ for?
Food supplement for newborns from birth onwards; infants, babies and young children. Suitable for both breastfed and formula-fed babies. Suitable for use alongside medication for colic.
- Contains world-renowned Bifidobacterium breve M-16V® live bacteria strain
- Strain naturally occurs in the human body & is uniquely adapted to reside in humans
- Complements the gut flora naturally present in your baby’s digestive system
- Clinically trialled in numerous gold-standard clinical trials in thousands of babies and young children
- Proven to be safe for babies and children
- Helps maintain balance in the baby’s gut flora by increasing levels of Bifidobacteria
- 1 billion CFU of friendly bacteria per serving, guaranteed until end of expiry
- Proven to reach the gut alive
- Easy-to-use dropper – administer directly into baby’s mouth, on a spoon or mix into cold milk or food
- Suitable for vegetarian, vegan, dairy-free or gluten-free diets
- Free from GMOs and soy; no artificial colours, flavours or preservatives
- Recommended for daily use
- Winner of 2020 National Parenting Product Awards and Nutra Ingredients Asia Award 2019 for Ingredient of the Year: Infant Nutrition
Available in one pack size of 30 servings – serving size 0.3 ml (8 drops) as indicated on the dropper.
All questions answered by friendly bacteria experts Dr Aisling Dwyer MB BCh BAO (Medicine, Surgery and Obstetrics), MSc (Personalised Nutrition) and Dr Kate Stephens PhD (Food and Microbial Sciences) BSc(Hons) Medical Microbiology.
What are baby live cultures?
Live cultures for babies are dietary supplements that use good bacteria strains naturally present in the baby’s gut, often including strains of Bifidobacteria. These supplements can help to maintain balance in the gut flora.
Can I, or should, I give my baby live cultures?
You can give ‘For your baby’ to your newborn from birth onwards. ‘For your baby’ is a natural, gentle supplement, suitable throughout infancy and for many dietary requirements. Research has shown that giving certain friendly bacteria strains, such as Bifidobacterium breve M-16V® to infants can help to increase levels of Bifidobacteria in the gut1,2.
How do I choose the best live cultures for my baby?
When choosing a live cultures supplement for your baby, you need to feel confident that it is safe and suitable for the infant microbiome. ‘For your baby’ contains an award-winning friendly bacteria strain which has been tested in over 4000 newborn infants, babies, and young children, and it is ideal for use in both formula-fed and breastfed babies.