Easy Pea and Mint Soup
This easy pea and mint soup is perfect as a comforting starter or a quick lunch on a cold day. Pea soup has many health benefits as it is packed with vitamin A, potassium and calcium.
- 1 large white onion
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 kg bag of frozen peas
- boiling water
- 4 tsp vegetable bouillon powder
- 1 spring fresh garden mint
- freshly ground black pepper
- Finely dice the onion.
- Place the coconut oil in a very large saucepan over a medium heat.
- Gently sweat the onion in the oil for 3-5 minutes it becomes soft and translucent.
- Pour the whole bag of peas into the pan and add boiling water until the level is about 1-2cm above the original height of the peas.
- Add the bouillon powder and cover, bring to the boil.
- Simmer the peas for about 5 minutes and then remove from the heat.
- Roughly rip the mint leaves and then add to the peas.
- Blend to an almost smooth consistency using a hand blender and then season to taste with the freshly ground pepper.
Recipe by Rhian Jones and Clare Fysh