- 1 cup dried chickpeas
- 1 cup flat leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- baby leaf lettuce
- sun dried tomato
- Soak chickpeas in cold water for 12-24 hours.
- Drain chickpeas and transfer to a food processor.
- Add parsley, chopped onion, garlic, 1tbsp oil, 1tbsp lemon juice and cumin, process until evenly ground. Shape into 12 patties.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil over medium-high heat and then once hot reduce to medium. Add the falafel patties and turn whilst cooking until they turn a golden colour. This should take around 10 minutes.
- Prepare the salad, chop the vegetables and prepare on a plate, add the falafels and enjoy!