Carrot, Turmeric, Red Lentil Stew
Turmeric is hugely beneficial to our health. Turmeric contains curcumin, a substance with powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. This stew has great health benefits and is perfect for lunch or dinner.
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1 onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 2 cups red lentils
- 2 tomatoes diced
- 2 large carrots peeled and diced
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- chopped, fresh coriander for garnish
- lime juice to drizzle
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, drizzle a little rapeseed oil and saute the onion, garlic and carrots for about 3 minutes.
- Add the diced tomatoes, stir and cook for a further 2 minutes. Add red lentils and stir to coat well. Add cumin, turmeric, and vegetable stock, turn the heat up to high and bring everything to boil.
- Once it starts boiling, turn the heat down to a low simmer and leave to cook whilst uncovered for about 12 to 15 minutes, until lentils are cooked through, yet not falling apart.
- Remove the stew from heat and divide into bowls. Top with fresh coriander and drizzle with lime juice.