Butternut Squash and Sweet Potato Soup
Butternut squash is a deliciously sweet and filling vegetable. It’s not only tasty, it’s also packed with vitamins, minerals, fibre and antioxidants. This warming soup does not have to be limited to the autumn and winter months, it’s delicious all year round.
- 1 butternut squash skin and seeds removed, flesh cubed
- 2 sweet potatoes peeled and cubed
- 1 onion diced
- 600 ml vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 2 tsp dried coriander
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to season
- Heat the oil and cook the onions until translucent.
- Add the butternut squash, sweet potatoes, vegetable stock, herbs and chilli flakes to the pot. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce the heat to low; simmer until vegetables are very tender.
- Turn off the heat and transfer into a blender in batches to produce a thick soup consistency. Add salt and pepper to season and serve.