Mitochondria are the energy factories of the human cells needed to keep us vibrant, healthy, and young. Optimal functioning of mitochondria is dependent on normal levels of carnitine.
However, over time these levels go far down and, as a consequence, cells produce less energy and less metabolic activity. (1)
That means that our body ages much faster. The answer to this problem is carnitine supplementation because carnitine can help:
- To maintain activity at the cell level, that fosters the process of fat being turned into energy within the mitochondria (2)
- To prevent excess accumulation of cellular debris, that is responsible for cell death (3)
- To support a healthy concentration of nitric oxide, which helps endothelial cells relax and maintain blood flow, supporting proper blood pressure (4)
- To maintain healthy body fat composition, which in turn supports insulin sensitivity and healthy blood sugar levels already within normal range (5-6)
- To support brain cells’ natural defences against age-related memory and cognitive de-cline (7