Button Mushroom Soup
Mushrooms contain beta-glucans which have a positive effect on the immune system. This
soup is made creamy with cashew nuts instead of dairy.
- 600 g white button mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 onion (finely diced)
- 2 sticks celery (finely diced)
- 3 cloves garlic (crushed)
- A few springs of fresh thyme (leaves only)
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1.5 litres organic vegetable stock
- 50 g cashew nuts (soaked overnight in cold water)
- Chopped parsley to garnish
Heat a splash of olive oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat, add the onion, celery, garlic, thyme leaves and mushrooms, pop the lid on and cook gently until softened.
Pour the stock into the pan and add the cashews. Bring to the boil over a medium heat, turn the heat down to low and simmer for 15 minutes.
Season to taste with sea salt and black pepper, then blend until smooth.
Serve hot, sprinkled with freshly chopped parsley.